Friday, February 03, 2012

Friday night smiles

When I first thought of Eloise's name (way before we were pregnant or even thinking of becoming pregnant), I loved the idea of so many different nick names that she could have. El, Ellie, Ella, Loise, Lu Lu, etc., etc. But funnily, what we have been calling her is Smiles. I have never heard of a baby smiling as much as she does. Her laugh is just a little baby chuckle right now. Not a full on laugh yet, but we are working on it. She is amazing.

And this reminds me of why I love being a parent. I love the smiles but also, in the end and in truth, I love the stress, I love the worry, I love the crazy mornings and the late nights, I love it all. Being a mom, a wife, a professional, a friend - everything that I am - has made me feel complete. Eloise has made it final. I feel like this is what I am supposed to do and am (now this is going to sound cheesy) complete.

Please feel free to call me a cheese-ball whenever you want. Love to you all!


PS - yes - both of my children are watching tv in this picture - but I am sure it is some really educational video.... :)

No comments:

Post a Comment