Friday, December 02, 2011

4 weeks in and we are still alive - although very much sleep deprived

It has been a little over 4 weeks since Eloise's arrival into our lives are we are still hanging tough. That's right - hanging tough. For some reason I have had that song stuck in my head while nursing at 4 a.m. in the morning... which is no fun because I really don't like that song and was never a fan of new kids on the block (unlike my sister who flipping LOVED them). However, my subconscious still brings up the melody to my tired brain while I drag my self out of bed to feed our tiny giant (Eloise). Can you tell that I am a little sleep deprived? But all in all we are doing great. Here is a quick update of all that is going on:

Eloise: She is already over 8 pounds and sleeps through everything - unless she's hungry - then watch out. She is almost wearing her 0-3 month clothes but not quite yet. Her eyes are still blue but I am hoping they turn green like mine. :)

Sawyer: We moved Sawyer into our room and moved ourselves downstairs into the basement "suite" (which is actually pretty nice). I thought he would have problems moving into a new room -- but not at all. AND he has been great with Eloise and only showing a little bit of jealousy over the last few days. What has been a surprise is how much he wants to help with everything lately. He spilled water tonight and I gave him a towel, "Please clean that up" - and he cleaned it up all by himself!

Us: Jess and I are doing great and are enjoying both kids. It has been a learning curve for sure and we have new respect for those families with 3 kids. How in the world do people do it? I honestly can't imagine. We are looking forward to Christmas and seeing Sawyer open his presents.

Enjoy the photos and love to you all!



No comments:

Post a Comment